Thursday, May 22, 2014

My new program

So, I need to get stronger. That's all I care about right now. Burpee times, quick metcons, and other conditioning can take the back seat. There are a ton of great programs out there but I like programming and want to do it myself. I'm curious what I'm capable of with my own program. I need to lift more and here's how I plan on doing it.



Monday
2x5,1x5+ Back Squats + 5lbs per workout
5x3 Pause Front Squats
3x5 Press+Max rep Push Press
3x12 KB Press
3x Max rep Ring Dips

Tuesday
1x5 Deadlift
50 Pull Ups
3x10 Barbell Row
3x12 Dumbbell Curl
400 Yards of 70lb KB Farmer Carries

Wednesday 
Off

Thursday
2x5,1x5+  Back Squat +5lbs per workout
5x10 Back Squat
2x5, 1x5+ Push Press
3x Max Rep Handstand Push Ups + max hold on last rep
100 Ring Push Ups


Friday
Clean work. Heavy Singles, triples, complexes. Play it by ear.
3x10 Romanian Deadlift
50 Chin Ups
3x15 KB Rows
400 Yards of 70lb KB Farmer Carries

Saturday
Sled and Sprint work

I plan on eating a lot of food. I will not be super clean since I need a lot of cals. I'm not too concern with being lean but I also don't want to gain too much fat. This plan will go for 3 months minimum. I need to commit to it and put in the effort. If I do this plan and eat right I will gain strength and no longer be embarrassed by my child-like squat.

Current lifts:
Back Squat- 280
Front Squat- 240
Press- 165
Push Press- 195
Deadlift- 405
Clean- 215

#absareoverrated


No comments:

Post a Comment